Wineglass Bay – Tasmania 27th – 29th February 2020
Located 2 hrs East of Launceston, located in Freycinet National Park Tasmania.
Day one: This hike covers various terrains and we will cover 30km in one day. (15km option available)
Each hiker is to wear comfortable hiking shoes/trail runners to ensure their feet are protected, but most importantly, so you are able to comfortably walk the distance required.
Day two: we will recover in the beautiful cool waters and discover the area in duel Kayaks – (3 hour duration before heading home).
Freycinet Peninsula Circuit
Freycinet National Park is home to dramatic pink granite peaks, secluded bays, white sandy beaches and abundant birdlife.
Situated on Tasmania’s beautiful east coast, the park occupies most of the Freycinet Peninsula and looks out to the Tasman Sea from the eastern side and back towards the Tasmanian coastline from the west.
- Freycinet National Park is loaded with natural assets, including the pink granite peaks of the Hazards Range that dominate the Peninsula and the iconic Wineglass Bay. ( one of Tasmania’s most photographed views).
- Throughout this walk you will see rock type of granite which was formed during the Devonian. Although not common in Tasmania, granite forms some spectacular features in the Freycinet National Park.
- The crystal clear waters and white sandy beach of Wineglass Bay are a tremendous sight. This is a steep uphill walk on a rocky, well-constructed track within the Freycinet National Park
- The terrain is varied throughout the walk and will be challenging.
(option available for shorter walk – approx 15km)
The Freycinet Paddle
3 hour kayaking experience in and around Wineglass bay to finish off the weekend of adventures.
– Accommodation at Coles Bay Thursday and Friday night
– All meals
– National Park Passes
* Kayaking depending on the currents there will be a refund.
– Administration fee for organisation of the walk
Flights are to be purchased at earliest convenience.
Hikers require their own day packs to carry and a list of items required will be sent out at a later date.
Hikers are asked to have a very good fitness level to complete this hike.
The kayaking will depend on the conditions on the day, but the participants will need to have adequate fitness levels.
I’m happy to work in your training to prepare for this hike, you’ll need strong legs, shoulder and core work to carry your packs for the length of time required
(*flights are normally on sale $39 each way so this will be added on top of this cost).
$200 is required to secure your place for the hike, *only 2 places available*
Due to accomodation and preparing bookings, your deposit is non – refundable after December 31st 2019.
Two day adventure amongst Tassies best
Join other like minded souls.
Step outside the square
Where else have we been?
This little beauty has been on ‘The list’ for awhile, and I, along with others are so glad we got to explore this beautiful part of Tasmania. Wineglass bay is nestled in the Freycinet National Park and is part of the Coles Bay tourism, located on the east coast...read more
Bright retreat 2019 wrap up “I left feeling refreshed, energized, and motivated to take the time to continue with some of the things I learnt at the retreat” - Lorrian B : Bendigo “ I love how Kerrie just gets and understands us women so well” - Justene : Highton “...read more
I enjoyed the company the challenge and just the chance to breathe.
Bring on the next adventure Bec