Raw pineapple and turmeric slice
100 g almonds
1 tsp salt
filtered water, for soaking
200 g raw cashews
5 pitted dates
extra virgin olive oil, for greasing
120 g shredded coconut
30 g flaxseeds (linseeds)
30 g hemp seeds
200 g carrots, cut into pieces (3 cm)
180 g fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into pieces (approx. 3 cm)
3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
2 cm piece fresh turmeric
2 tbsp psyllium husks
40 g pure maple syrup
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground cardamom
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp plant-based milk of choice (I used coconut)
60 g orange juice
1 pinch salt
(Using Thermomix – can use food processor)
- Soak almonds with a pinch of salt for 3- 6 hours (or overnight).
Soak cashews and dates in seperate bowl with a pinch of salt for 3-6 hours (or overnight).
- Drain and rinse almonds, then place into a bowl and set aside.
Drain and rinse cashews and dates, then place into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Grease and line a slice tin (18 x 22 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place coconut, flaxseeds (linseeds), orange zest and hemp seeds into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 7.
- Add carrots, pineapple, ginger, turmeric and drained almonds and blend 30 sec/speed 7, mixing with aid of spatula.
- Add psyllium husks, syrup, cinnamon, cardamom and salt, then stir to combine. Blend 20 sec/speed 6, mixing with aid of spatula.
- Transfer mixture into prepared tin and press firmly into base. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place drained cashews and dates into mixing bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 10.
- Add remaining topping ingredients and blend 30 sec/speed 7, until smooth and creamy. Spread topping evenly over cake, then place into refrigerator until set (approx. 2 hours).