70 g quinoa
1 tbsp linseeds (flaxseeds)
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 small apple, core removed and cut into quarters
80 g pitted dates
80 g dried apricots
90 g rolled oats
70 g puffed rice
30 g coconut flakes
30 g coconut sugar (or raw sugar)
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
50 g avocado oil
20 g honey
For Thermomix or convert using a food processor
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a rectangular baking tin (30 x 20 x 6 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place quinoa, linseeds (flaxseeds) and chia seeds into mixing bowl and mill 20 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place apple into mixing bowl and grate 2 sec/speed 5, until even consistency is achieved. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add dates, apricots and cranberries and chop Turbo/1 sec/3 times or until all fruit is evenly chopped. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add all remaining ingredients, including reserved seed mixture, and combine 30 sec//speed 3.
- Transfer mixture into prepared baking tin. Press mixture down evenly and smooth surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (180°C) or until lightly browned. Allow to cool in tin for 15 minutes, then remove and allow to cool completely on a wire rack (approx. 1 hour). Cut into 16 bars and serve.